- 索 引 号：006997497/2020-03570 文 号：
- 发布机构：中共汕头市委外办 生成日期：2020-04-22
- 主题分类：主 题 词：
Together We Shall Beat COVID-19
Together We Shall Build a Bright Future
- A Letter to Everyone in Shantou
Shantou, as a sub-central city in Guangdong Province, is an important port city，a famous hometown to numurous overseas Chinese, and a beautiful place for both Chinese and international friends to live together harmoniously .
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Shantou has been implementing with firm resolve the strategic decisions of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the State Council, and adhering to the requirements of Guangdong Provincial Committee of the Communist Party of China and Guangdong Provincial People’s Government. We have tried our best to ensure effective and orderly implementation of COVID-19 prevention and control measures based on science and law. Through unremitting endeavour made by everyone in Shantou, the COVID-19 outbreak in the city has witnessed positive developments. During this process, we have received tremendous support from municipal governments of overseas countries, civil organizations and people working on facilitating constructive bilateral relations, which has further strengthened our confidence and determination to overcome the pandemic.
At this moment, we are faced with a major challenge - “preventing imported cases from abroad and preventing a second wave at home”. To address this challenge, and to ensure the health and safty of every person in Shantou, we all need to work together and spare no effort in preventing the further spread of COVID-19. Virus knows no borders and races, only in solidarity can we win the war against COVID-19. Therefore, we would like to remind everyone in Shantou of the following:
1. Shantou has implemented comprehensive, strict and thorough COVID-19 prevention and control measures. Everyone is subject to the same treatment regardless of their nationality, skin colour or gender. We strongly oppose any differentiated actions taken against specific groups and we have zero tolerance over discriminatory language or acts.
2. Provide necessary care and support. While implementing COVID-19 prevention and control measures and delivering health administration services, we must address the reasonable concerns of everyone in Shantou and provide necessary safeguard measures and support to ensure their legitimate rights and interests.
3.In order to effectively prevent and control the spread of communicable diseases, all people in Shantou are obliged to provide support to the implementation of disease control and prevention measures according to relevant laws and regulations in China. Anyone who violates relevant laws and regulations shall be held legally liable.
4. We firmly oppose any discriminatory practice against specific individual or group, and allow zero tolerance for discriminatory remarks and deeds.
5. No entity or individual shall restrict or deny specific groups of people from checking in at hotels, renting properties or entering into public places such as residential blocks, shopping malls or parks, on the basis of nationality, skin colour or gender.
6. No entity or individual shall restrict or deny specific groups of people from using public transport such as the subway, buses, taxis or water buses on the basis of nationality, skin colour or gender; daily essential services such as shopping, hairdressing shall be available and accessible to everyone regardless of their nationality, skin colour or gender.
7. Any organization or individual shall not apply differentiated treatment or discriminatory practices to any specific group of people because of their nationality, race, gender or skin colour when they are seeking medical care in medical institutions.
8.Shantou Municipal Government respect and protect the diplomatic and consular privileges and immunities of foreign diplomatic or consular personnel in China, and provide facilitation for them in fulfilling diplomatic and consular duties.
9.In this special period of time, we encourage all Chinese and foreign nationals in Shantou to obtain the latest information concerning epidemic prevention and control from authoritative sources, and to maintain a rational and objective attitude.
10. We provide assistance for foreign nationals in Shantou who have any reasonable request concerning epidemic prevention and control. Our multilingual service hotline 1258088 is 24-hour available.
We look forward to working with all Chinese and foreign nationals in Shantou to tide over the difficulties, safeguard the common health and well-being of all, to win the battle against COVID-19, and protect our beautiful homeland.
Shantou Foreign Affairs Bureau
April 19th, 2020